- If you don’t have photos to use in the design of your Blog or Web site, you can purchase inexpensive stock photography at several places:
- We cannot choose photos for you. Our many years in the Web site creation business have shown us that everyone’s taste is different. What we choose might not be what you choose. When the time comes, please email us only the photos you definitely want us to use.
- The photo format we need for the Web is .jpg.
- The size of the photo should be at least 800 pixels wide. That gives us a high enough resolution to reduce the size without significant loss of quality.
- If you purchase photos at any of the sites listed above, you should purchase the size larger than 800 pixels wide.
- If you plan to use any of your photos for print advertising, you will need the higher resolution, more expensive versions than what we need for the Web.
- If the design you choose calls for landscape style photos (wider than they are high), please purchase/choose landscape style photos. The photos shown below are landscape style.
- If the design you chose calls for portrait style photos (taller than they are wide), please purchase/choose portrait style photos.
- We cannot mix landscape and portrait style photos in a flash slide show. Your photos need to be all one style.
- Choose your photos with the colors of your site in mind. Photos that complement the colors will make your site much more pleasing graphically.
- The photo of yourself – if you want to use one – should be a high-quality digitized version. If you send us a low quality photo, it will look like a low quality photo on your site.
- If you send us pictures for the design and want the background removed (sky, etc.) to blend better with your design, please do not send photos of houses with trees in front of the house if the trees are higher than the roof line. We cannot drop out the background when the trees are taller than the house.